Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games, and more recently console games..
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 90 talented and committed people.
If you like turning good ideas into concrete user experiences, if you like improving user experiences and solve interface / user flow issues, if you’re interesting in connected objects and augmented reality, you’re the person we are looking for.
As User Experience Designer, you will work closely with UI designers, game designers and multidisciplinary teams to define UX strategies for AAA games, as well as mobile games and apps.
- Work closely with the team to implement an optimal user experience based on the industry’s best practices.
- Prepare documents detailing your vision, including user flows, interactive wireframes, functional documents, client presentations, etc.
- Participate in the user testing strategy and planning.
- Present your strategy and UX vision in-house and to clients.
- Participate in project scrums.
- Identify potential UX issues and provide viable solutions.
- Run user tests, analyze results and implement changes.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure the UX solutions are properly integrated.
- Attend industry conferences and events
- Share your knowledge and latest UX trends with your colleagues through workshops, lunch-conferences or other meetings.
- College degree in a related field
- At least three (3) years experience in roles such as UX design, information architecture, User Interface design, or in any similar roles
- Concrete experience in AAA games
- Experience in mobile games & apps is an asset
- Documentation software proficiency (Axure, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- UX design expertise
- Understanding of the game culture
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) to clearly explain concepts and ideas
- Good time management skills (ability to meet tight deadlines)
- Open-minded, forward-thinking, self-critical and team player
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a letter of intent.
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.