User Interface Artist
Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 80 talented and committed people.
Reporting to the Production Director and in collaboration with the Art Director and Game Designers, you are responsible for creating graphic assets based on the mandate and preliminary analyses provided. You must then adapt these assets to the different modules and be able to clearly communicate the guidelines to the integration and development teams. You are expected to validate your work and ensure consistency between the initial concepts, the various prototypes and the final deliverables. You must submit your work to the strategist/scriptwriter to make sure the ergonomics and user experience are optimal. You will also participate in some integration and some media-processing work.
- Receive the design and project requests
- Analyze the request and make sense of any ambiguity (Game Design Document)
- Finalize the requested specifications by the deadline
- Design the mobile game/app interface mock-ups
- Make all required adaptations
- Prepare graphical standard guides for certain projects
- Regularly self-validate your work
- Have your work approved by the validation team
- Inform superiors of any potential risks and problems
- Give daily status updates to superiors on tasks that are completed or in-progress
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in mobile gaming/applications
- Have strong knowledge of UX principles
- College or Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field
- 5 years or more of experience in a similar role
- Be able to integrate mock-ups in Unity and do menu animations. If it’s not the case, BKOM Studios will train the candidate in that matter
- Possess the technical skillset required for the video game industry (3D, game design, etc.)
- Adobe Suite proficiency (Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Mastery of media optimization principles for video games
- Mastery of usability and best graphical practices for mobile games/apps
- Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of illustration fundamentals
- Mastery of the most recent media-compression methods (Codecs)
- Team player
- Advanced French skills (spoken and written)
- Intermediate English skills (reading)
- Have strong illustration skills
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a letter of intent at: email@example.com
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.