Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 80 talented and committed people.
The Technical Director is the technical reference for the Development team and is always on the lookout for new technologies and coding practices. The Technical Director documents, improves and coaches on coding techniques and processes to elevate the Development team to excellence. He or she is an expert problem-solver and works closely with the Game Development Team Lead while reporting to the Director Technology and Innovation. The ideal candidate is both an accomplished senior developer and an excellent communicator with strong people skills.
- Collaborate with the Game Development Team Lead to evaluate team members, identify strengths, problem areas, and develop plans to improve overall performance;
- Help solve complex technical issues with the development team;
- Ability to drive both agile and waterfall development frameworks;
- Oversee the technical design documentation process;
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards;
- Identify reusable code and oversee library optimizations;
- Drive and oversee coding best practices and lead regular code reviews;
- Collaborate with the Game Development Team Lead in diving into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations;
- Represent BKOM Studios as technical expert in client meetings when needed;
- Assess both internal and competitive products.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience as Lead Developer or Technical Director;
- PC and mobile game development experience is a strong asset;
- Have a thorough understanding of the market and target audience for games;
- Experience working in agile and lean environments;
- Master the technical aspects of product development;
- Understanding of the industry and upcoming technology;
- Must be comfortable mentoring other developers;
- Must be comfortable breaking down and scoping large technical mandates;
- Experience with iOS and Android;
- Experience with Unity 3D pipeline;
- Strong debugging skills;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills;
- Be able to adapt quickly to change;
- Autonomous and self-organized;
- Knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, client/server, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming;
- Knowledge of Unity and/or C# and Java;
- Knowledge of Linux is an asset.
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.