Technical 3D Artist
Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 80 talented and committed people.
BKOM Studios is looking for a TECHNICAL 3D ARTIST to join its art team to play a major role in performance analysis and graphic optimization for our mobile and PC games.
Your main mandate as a Technical 3D artist is to make sure the techniques and the graphics pipeline put in place throughout the game development are established for the sake of graphics optimization. You are responsible to develop tools, scripts, shaders, to document and supervise the work and the methods used by the artistic team. You have to train the artists on the new techniques in regards of the game engine constraints.
You are also responsible to create environments, characters and lighting.
Reporting to the Production Director, you work in close collaboration with programmers, animators and the Artistic Director.
You are curious and multi-talented? You are known for programming skills that allow you to understand and solve technical problems from an artistic point of view? You are an excellent communicator who shows leadership and strong teamwork skills? You are the new teammate we are looking for!
- Optimize the game assets in function of the requirements, the game engine and the mobile platform used in the game development
- Bring improvement to the workflow throughout the project and the artistic pipeline as well by communicating the new technics and technologies
- Develop tools, scripts and create shaders
- Bridge with Artistic Director, the artists, the programmers to enable the proper functioning of the technologies
- Understand the technical problems as the problems related to the platform performance or the artistic creations pipeline
- Solve technical bugs
- Organize folders according to a well-established system
- 3D modeling of characters, environments, vehicles, etc.
- Baking from high-resolution models
- Create textures
- Create character riggings
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Show a portfolio reflecting your artistic and technical work/assets
- Art training at the college/university level or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in the game industry or in an equivalent industry
- 3 years of experience in a similar job
- Mastery of the Unity game engine
- Mastery of 3DSMax, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter (PBR pipeline), ZBrush
- Strong knowledge of lighting technics and rendering
- Strong interest in technical aspects, programming and learning new tools
- Knowledge of C#, Maxscript or Python to create scripts
- Knowledge of the graphic production language process (GLSL, HLSL, CG, Shaderlab…)
- Knowledge OpenGL ES
- Knowledge of the technical constraints related to game development on mobile platforms (Android, IOS VS performance/memory)
- Knowledge of the human anatomy, movements and rigging techniques
- Good artistic sense and detail-oriented
- Strong abilities to communicate clearly and shortly
- Be creative and able to adapt to different gaming and graphic styles
- Be bilingual (French/English), spoken and written
- Knowledge of C++
- Mathematics skills
- Basic animation skills
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.