Team Lead – Programmer
Bkom Studios is a leading company in the field of Next Gen Play Experiences. For the last 20 years our team has applied its knowledge to create, design and develop entertainment experiences that extend a brand’s footprint and augment its interactions with audiences via new channels, new platforms and/or new approaches.
Game Development, Connected Toys, Mixed Reality, Future of Play… All of these words are music to your ears? We are looking for a passionate Development Manager to join our team.
Responsible for the day-to day management of the Development team including driving individual and team success through smart assignations, coaching, 1:1 meetings, performance management, and removing barriers to success, the Technical Team Manager collaborates with and reports to the Director Technology and Innovation. The ideal candidate is both an accomplished senior developer et an excellent communicator with strong “people skills”.
Applicant has a passion for games and technologies (industry-adopted and emerging). Candidate masters the full technical stack, from client design to cloud-based services and analytics and has shipped and managed game projects in a technical leadership role.
- Manage Front-End and Back-End teams, tasks, and priorities
- Weekly assignments and longer term resource planning
- Help Director Technology and Innovation evaluate development team members, identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance
- Support Director Technology and Innovation in identifying and driving project resource needs, supporting in recruitment and hiring process
- Ability to drive both agile and waterfall development frameworks
- Oversee technical design documentation process
- Support Director Technology and Innovation in establish standards and procedures to track and measure projects
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards
- Identify reusable code and oversee library optimizations
- Drive and Oversee clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
- Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through team
- Work with the producers, game design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team
- Track development efforts across the team
- Produce well-presented documentation
- Assess both internal and competitive products
- Analyze user feedback and document improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 (five) years of hands-on experience as Lead Developer or Team Manager with a minimum of 8 (eight) years of game development experience
- Experience with iOS and Android
- Have a thorough understanding of the market and target audience for games
- Experience working in agile and lean environments
- Master the technical aspects of product development
- Understanding of the industry and upcoming technology
- Must be comfortable mentoring other programmers
- Must be comfortable breaking down and scoping large technical mandates
- Experience with Unity 3D pipeline
- Strong debugging skills
- Quality written communication skills
- Be able to adapt quickly to change
- Knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, client/server, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus
- Knowledge of C#, Java, Unity, batch file programming and/or Linux development a plus
- Must be able to work very autonomously, consulting with other Directors as required
- Must be able to self-organize and prioritize tasks without oversight
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.