Mobile Game Designer
Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile, consoles, and PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 80 talented and committed people.
You are passionate about video games and you have decided to make it your job? Want to create the most exciting and popular games? Well, it turns out that BKOM Studios is looking for a talented Mobile Game Designer to work on their team. The Mobile Game Designer coordinates the design work, will uphold the game vision and provides communication and presentation of the design to his team. Furthermore, the Mobile Game Designer plays a vital role in the design of innovative monetization mechanics.
- Imagine and establish the concepts on which the games will be based in order to develop them;
- Design original monetizations mechanics adapted to game concepts;
- Ensure that the entire team understands the concept and mechanics of the game;
- Ensure the implementation of the game design of the various stakeholders within the production unit;
- Collaborate with team members to find the best ways to support the concept while facilitating production imperatives;
- Produce the game documentation;
- Evaluate internal and competitive products;
- Analyze the feedback / recommendations of game users and document improvements to be made;
- Design and balance the rules of the game
- Participate in the design of the different levels (creation of the environment, levels and missions of the game).
- Hold a relevant degree in an artistic or technical sphere related to video games or digital entertainment;
- Possess more than 5 years of work experience in the video game industry in creative / artistic direction;
- Ability to clearly communicate and effectively sell game concepts;
- Excellent culture and in-depth knowledge of the Video Games Industry and monetization trends;
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience related to the delivery of games on multiple platforms including mobile, console and pc;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French;
- Leadership and ability to mobilize and supervise a team;
- Ability to lay creative and innovative ideas and ability to present them;
- Ability to give accurate and constructive feedback to team members;
- Good time management and respect of production schedules;
- In-depth understanding of the various technical disciplines: concept, design, interfaces, animation, sets, characters, textures and lighting, etc. ;
- Demonstrate autonomy, resourcefulness, organization and rigor;
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships;
- Be willing to travel abroad to visit international clients;
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment.
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.