Electronic and Software Designer – R&D and Connected toys
BKOM Studios is currently looking for an Electronic and Software Designer – R&D and connected Toys. Sensors, Connected Toys, Mixed Reality, Arduino, Future of Play… All of these words are music to your ears? You have competencies and a high interest for electronic and for programming? You are the star we are looking for!
As the Electronic and Software designer – R&D and connected toys you are responsible for electronics prototyping of connected toy and games. Your versatility and creativity allow you to identify, assemble and program the best systems to support the projects at hand. R&D passionate, you are aware and you follow the technological trends of the industry.
You have a good understanding of low-level programming for driving connected hardware as well as front-end app development. An understanding of how the two can be combined to best serve each experience is key.
- Responsible for electronic design of multiple projects;
- Research mechanisms and technologies to find which one best support each user experiences, build prototypes, and demonstrate solutions;
- Develop prototypes that incorporate embedded processors, sensors, wireless communication, motors, audio and similar;
- Evaluate cost and feasibility of concepts and present alternative solutions;
- Write microprocessor code using toy industry standards, similar to logic and architecture of popular Arduino systems;
- Draft schematics and provide product specifications;
- Participate in the development of working methods (methodologies, tools and technologies).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in electronic and program design and/or troubleshooting consumer electronics;
- Appropriate university or college level training in electronics and computer science (Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science is an asset);
- Experience with microprocessors, sensors, motor control, serial and RF communication protocols;
- Proficient in C, C++, Assembly and/or any other programming languages with emphasis on microprocessors;
- Experience with multiple IDEs and a wide range of MCU architectures (8051, ARM M0, etc.);
- Experience developing battery powered embedded systems, and managing their power supplies;
- Experience with optical recognition SDKs, AR, VR and MR technologies;
- Familiarity with 3 DOF/ 6 DOF principles;
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and simulation software;
- Skilled in teamwork in multidisciplinary team environment;
- Understanding of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi, FHSS and remote control systems;
- Strong interest and passion for remote control item;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and ability to manage projects with fast delivery times;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.