Electronic Engineering and Embedded Software Developer
Bkom Studios is a leading company in the field of Next Gen Play Experiences. For the last 20 years our team has applied its knowledge to create, design and develop entertainment experiences that extend a brand’s footprint and augment its interactions with audiences via new channels, new platforms and/or new approaches.
Sensors, Connected Toys, Mixed Reality, Arduino, Future of Play… All of these words are music to your ears? We are looking for a passionate Electronic Engineer to join our studio.
Responsible for electronics prototyping of connected toy and games the Electronic Engineering and Embedded Software Developer is a versatile and creative individual who can identify, assemble and program the best systems to support the projects at hand. This resource is comfortable communicating, selling in, and documenting coded prototypes to non-technical people.
Applicant possesses a good understanding of low-level programming for driving connected hardware as well as front-end app development. An understanding of how the two can be combined to best serve each experience is key.
- Research mechanisms and technologies to find which one best support each user experiences, build prototypes, and demonstrate solutions
- Develop prototypes that incorporate embedded processors, sensors, wireless communication, motors, audio, and similar
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure cohesive designs are delivered on time and cost
- Participate in brainstorms, bring creative ideas to the table
- Responsible for electronic design of multiple projects
- Evaluate cost and feasibility of concepts and present alternative solutions
- Write microprocessor code (using toy industry standards, similar to logic and architecture of popular Arduino systems)
- Draft schematics and provide product specifications
- Hands-on experience designing, programming, and troubleshooting consumer electronics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 3-5 years of related career experience preferred.
- Experience with microprocessors, sensors, motor control, serial and RF communication protocols.
- Proficient in C, C++, Assembly, etc.
- Experience with multiple IDEs and a wide range of MCU architectures (8051, ARM M0, etc.).
- Experience developing battery powered embedded systems, and managing their power supplies.
- Experience with optical recognition SDKs, AR, VR and MR technologies.
- Familiarity with 3 DOF/ 6 DOF principles
- Experience with a variety of programming languages, with special focus on microprocessors.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and simulation software.
- Great teamwork social skills. Must enjoy working with others in various disciplines (Design, Marketing, Project Management, etc.)
- Understanding of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi, FHSS, etc.
- Strong interest and passion for remote control items.
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to solve technical problems with minimal supervision
- Fast learner with a hunger for knowledge and new skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.