Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 80 talented and committed people.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Creative Lead’s primary responsibility is to participate in establishing or clarifying the creative vision surrounding the development of a new title, synthesizing that vision and presenting it convincingly to customers. He participates in the definition of the game mechanics to create a pleasant experience for the target audience and develops the appropriate documentation while taking into account the various constraints. He must also be able to propose creative and innovative concepts.
In addition, in collaboration with Account Managers and Producers, the Creative Lead must grasp and adopt the customer and the studio’s objectives for the projects entrusted to him. He participates and initiates the briefs, the pitches and the elaboration of creative concepts. He is able to present his preliminary reflections in the form of synopsis, mood board or sketches. More specifically, he will have to:
- Participate in the pitching process and/or proposals for current/potential customers in collaboration with the business development team;
- Collaborate in maintaining the relationship with customers and partners by demonstrating good communication and proper management of expectations;
- Act as expert and point of contact in his area of expertise with the customers;
- Collaborate with the team assigned to his projects;
- Work with department heads to ensure that production interdependencies are adequately addressed and prioritized;
- Involve and sensitize the members of the work team to the respect of the standards of the company and the quality of the product;
- Ensure the quality level on all aspects of the project;
- Articulate and deliver the creative vision around a project;
- Be creative and adapt to different play styles and graphic styles;
- Work and collaborate with technical groups to ensure compliance with technical requirements, company work procedures and production schedules;
- Ability to clearly communicate and effectively sell an art direction;
- Excellent artistic culture;
- Excellent culture and in-depth knowledge of the Video Games Industry;
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in delivering game titles across multiple platforms including mobile, console and pc;
- Hold a relevant degree in an artistic or technical field related to video games or digital entertainment;
- Possess more than 5 years of work experience in the video game industry in creative/ artistic direction;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- Leadership and ability to mobilize and supervise a team;
- Ability to brainstorm creative and innovative ideas and ability to present them;
- Ability to give accurate and constructive feedback to team members;
- Good time management skills and respect of production schedules;
- In-depth understanding of the various technical disciplines such as concept, design, interfaces, animation, sets, characters, textures and lighting, etc.;
- Demonstrate autonomy, resourcefulness, organization skills and rigor;
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships;
- Be willing to make travel abroad to visit international customers;
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a letter of intent at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.