Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 80 talented and committed people.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director – Web, your main role is to ensure the proper functioning, maintenance and improvements of the server developments tools. The daily tasks related to this role are motivated by the development and performance of the work team. As a result, you are also responsible for the delivery, documentation and implementation of new processes to optimize the productivity and quality of deliverables. More specifically, the responsibilities of the DevOps specialist are to:
- Establish and provide server infrastructures and processes necessary to enable project development;
- Maintain DevOps expertise and knowledge and help the team evolve towards new and innovative technologies;
- Ensure compliance and compatibility with the project production environment;
- Participate in project deliveries;
- Automate tasks and processes related to the infrastructure;
- Provide technical support of hosting solutions with suppliers;
- Recommend hosting solutions;
- Take care of breakdowns and maintenance;
- Work closely with developers, quality assurance and the infrastructure team to put in place the necessary components for quality automated deliveries;
- Develop tools and processes to optimize development processes;
- Participate and collaborate in maintaining security and optimizing services performance;
- Possess a College degree or University diploma in Information Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years of experience specifically in DevOps;
- Experience with digital projects (web) and video games (an asset);
- Detailed knowledge of Linux server configuration requirements;
- Knowledge of CI / CD tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins;
- Knowledge of versioning tools such as Git, SVN;
- Knowledge of Docker, Artifactory, Terraform, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.);
- Script development (Bash, Python, Groovy);
- Knowledge of development languages such as PHP, JAVA and C #;
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies;
- Knowledge of cloud services such as AWS, Azure and OVH (an asset);
- TCP / IP, SSL, DNS, SMTP, firewall knowledge;
- Ability to work in projects via Agile methodology;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written French & English;
- Sense of initiative;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Be results oriented.
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a letter of intent.
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.