Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 90 talented and committed people.
Reporting to the Production Manager and in collaboration with the Artistic Director, the 3D artist will be responsible for creating environments, characters and lighting. This person will be expected to work closely with programmers, animators as well as the artistic director. This person will also be required to validate his/her work as well as ensure consistency between the initial concept and the various prototypes and deliverables.
- 3D modeling of characters, environments, vehicles, etc.
- High-resolution model retropology
- Baking from high-resolution models
- Shader creation
- Art training at the college/university level or equivalent
- Mastery of 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of the Unity game engine
- Knowledge of shader creation (Unity: Strumpy)
- Knowledge of human physiology and movement
- Knowledge of traditional drawing and illustration techniques (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, color)
- Ability to estimate work times, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Be creative and able to adapt to different gaming and graphic styles (cartoon, realism, illustration, pixel, etc.)
- Have a passion for videogames
- Is a self-reliant team player
- Demonstrate iinitiative
- Possess strong communication skills
- Is well-organized
- Be open to innovate
- Animation skills could be an asset
- Be bilingual (French/English), spoken and written
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT BKOM STUDIOS
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment.
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.